Important facts bout depression:
- Depression ranks second to schizophrenia in terms of admission to hospitals in the US.
- Depression has been recognized as a clinical syndrome for over 2,000 years.
- The chief complaint by depressed people often points to the diagnosis of depression.
- Depression is considered the leading cause of disability worldwide.
Depression as we know it today has been called "melancholia" since the ancient times. If you are currently suffering from this disorder I want to tell you that up to this day, there is no definite explanation or answers to many questions that you might have regarding the disorder. Even the experts have not found the exact answers to all your questions. For example, some of the questions that might be bugging you are:
- Is the depression you are experiencing merely your over reaction to a particular mood?
- Is it a kind of disease or is it merely your reaction to certain stimulus?
- What could be the most effective treatment for your type of depression?
- Can this depression you're experiencing be attributed to your biological or psychological condition?
Regardless what's causing your depression, here are 7 Things That Can Worsen Depression.
- Lack of sleep
- Certain food
- Negative people
- Social networks